Thursday, November 04, 2010

I'm Back!

Wow, really it's been since August since I've posted?!?!? It's one of those things that I've been "meaning" to get around to now for months. Things have been busy, wish I could say that I haven't posted because I started a wonderful new high paying job, or that R had finally got a job, or that I won the lotto, but nope things are pretty much the same.
I have a new position that is A LOT more work and the same amount of pay (not sure how that works?) and I've been working 60+ hours since the school year started just trying to keep my head above water but overall it's going well. I'm still on the look out for new positions and jobs that open up and I apply for everything but no luck. I was passed up again for 2 positions in our local school district once again because I have my master's degree. I'm really contemplating my new career move and going back to school because I'm totally screwed. I need to advance in order to because able to get a better paying job that's higher up on the totem pole.
R's business isn't going bad. He's gotten some new clients and one is ever a steady paying one so that's nice, though it's very minimal. He keeps VERY busy and is working harder than he ever did when he made thousands. He's also super dad and doing a wonderful job keeping the house running in my absence.
Little man started kindergarten and is LOVING it! We have parent teacher conferences tonight so we'll see how he's "really" doing, lol. He's reading at a level 2 which is pretty good for the beginning of the year and he's going to start learning decoding skills in small groups. Overall, I'm happy with his teacher. She's pregnant and will be going off on maternity leave in January so hopefully that goes well. He's a little too chatty and a bit silly at times but his behavior isn't terrible.
Baby M needs a new name on this blog because he's HUGE and so not a baby anymore. He can say his ABC's, count to 20, and he knows all his shapes and colors. He just turned 2 in the beginning of September and amazes us each day. He can now carry on complete conversations with you and just loves life. I love that I can come home everyday, yes everyday, and I ask him how his day went and everyday I get the same answer, "good." I'm going to miss the days when I don't get a "good" from him. He smiles all the time and is such a happy go lucky kid.
There's the quick update. As for smaller less important details I've started running again and I'm getting frustrated that I'm gaining weight, yes you read that right, gaining weight!!!! We're contemplating baby #3 but I don't think that's going to happen at this time. I'm really going to try to be better about blogging!

1 comment:

Emmakirst said...

Glad to see an update, i've been crazy slack on blogging, good luck with ?#3 :)