Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Take the Good with the Bad

Glad to see that I have at least one person reading my blog still :) The end of last week sure did end up bad but Saturday totally made up for it! We had Friday off from work, if we were done with grades and personalized student achievement plans. I was pretty much done with my grades and worked on my student achievement plans Thursday night with my team (M and S). I just went in on Friday to finalize everything and get situated for this week. So I shoot our curriculum person an e-mail about an hour before I leave and then head out the door to start my wonderful weekend.....or so I thought!

At about 3pm, keep in mind this was about 11am when I shot the e-mail out, I get a call from S. She said, "we have a big problem." Apparently our curriculum person came into their classroom and ripped into them like no other. She didn't like the goals that we used for their personalized student achievement plans (which we worked VERY hard on the night before) and wanted at least 5 of them redone. The problem with the whole situation was that she was a complete lunatic and very disrespectful to them. I think her tone and mannerisms would have been different had I been there to stick up for everyone. They are both new and I think she was like the wolf going in for the kill!!!! I was and still am very upset with the way that things are handled on the part of administration at work.

I'm not okay with having personalized student achievement plans that are complete crap (though I still stand by my work and don't see an issue with what we did) so I ended up redoing all 25 this weekend, hence my bad reference earlier in regards to my weekend. The good part though was that I got to be on the sideline with a fancy pass at our college's football game on Saturday! I got to meet an N.F.L.. player that used to play for our team and got to ring the touchdown bell with my husband. It was one of those moments that I will never forget in life. One of those moments that comes in close behind marrying my husband and the birth of our children! It was so much fun and I will remember it forever!!! I will post a picture soon!

So needless to say the goal that came out of this weekend was that I need to hit the pavement hard looking for and applying for jobs so I can actually be respected and valued at work. Our team comes in early, stays late, and goes WAY above and beyond what other teachers at that school do. All the recognition we get is being disrespected and treated like crap. My plan for the time being....slap a smile on my face, act like everything is GREAT, and apply for every job that I can even remotely tie into my experience. My goal is to have something new by January 2011! I'll keep everyone posted on how my job hunting is going!

No comments: