Saturday, January 22, 2011

Resolution Progress
  • Take the G.RE and decide on a PhD program, possibly begin my program this fall. I have still been exploring programs and talking with people. I'm really up in the air about this and will begin looking at GR.E prep sites soon.
  • Leave work at 4pm at least 3 days per week so that I can get home at a reasonable hour and spend time with my family. I have been pretty good at doing this but last week was worse because we had a late staff meeting and stuff come up so when things pop up it's hard to get out of there on time. Though I have been much better and I've been getting their later too.
  • Have a sit down family dinner at least 6 nights per week. We have been having a lot more sit down dinners and that has been so nice, though when R or I have meetings at night it gets more difficult.
  • Cook dinner 3-4 times per week leaving the rest of the nights to my wonderful husband. I have cooked so much since the new year! I made a BBQ chicken pizza that was SOOOO good. I've made some old favorite recipes but I'm definitely cooking more that I had been.
  • Reduce my credit card debt by 50% this year. This hasn't been going great because of the fact that we just don't have enough money for our monthly bills and I have not been able to get tutor hours. R has to get them for me because I can log on at 12pm on Thursdays. I'm at work and you literally have to get right on at 12pm and they are gone at like 12:01pm. I'm going to look into other ways to make money or start finding things on Craisli.st to sell. I am applying for jobs this weekend in hopes that I can find something that pays better!
  • Run and workout at least 5 days per week. I have done this this week! I worked out everyday since last Sunday.
  • Read at least 24 books this year. I haven't done very well with this. I think it's partly because I end up surfing the net or doing other stuff with my free time. I need to get more dedicated with reading!
  • Run a full marathon. I made my training program and marked the race day on my calendar.
So far I'm doing pretty good and just need to carve out more time for reading and couponing so I can save more money on groceries! I also need to find more time to tutor!

No comments: