Thursday, March 31, 2011

What a Year!!!!

2011 sure is turning into an interesting year! Here's a little about what's been going on in our world:

  • I turned in my keys and turned my classroom over to someone new in February. I started my new job as a math intervention teacher at a PUBLIC!!!!!! school. I do math intervention for half of the day and the other half of the day I substitute teach in my building or in a building close to mine. I am in heaven and still can't believe that this is my life! I love my job and I love the public school atmosphere. I have had SO many great experiences and professional development opportunities in the past 5 weeks. I will be pink slipped at the end of the year but I hope that I get something for next year.

  • R had his business name and website content pretty much stolen by another business in our town. They started the SAME business as him with the name only varying by one word and changed two words of his mission statement to use as their own. It makes me sick to my stomach that people would do this. Our town in small and the last thing that R really deserves is having the rug pulled out from underneath him. I mean they pretty much stole his name and business and are claiming it's their idea and original content. We consulted lawyers and are going to try to avoid sending a cease and desist letter but it may come to that if they won't be amicable about it.

  • In more exciting news R got a part time job as an executive director of a foundation. It's a really great opportunity and barring anything coming up on his background check or credit report he has the job. It's just about 15 hours per week and he can mostly work from home! I'm very excited for him especially since he just took a huge blow this week with the whole business stealing. I just pray that it works out because our credit isn't completely stellar with the issues we've been dealing with for the last 2 1/2 years!

  • Little man and Baby M are doing WONDERFUL!!! I love them to pieces and I couldn't ask for better children. They are comical, have contagious giggles, and are so smart! I hope that I can spend the summer NOT working and home with them.

  • We're on sprin.g brea.k this coming week so I'm looking forward to having the week off. My mom is going to take the boys for a few days to spend time with them so we're going to have some time off. I'm looking forward to a little break and having time to read and get some things done around the house.

No comments: