Friday, April 29, 2011

Life

If anyone had a crystal ball in my early 20's and told me what my upcoming life would entail I think I would have turned and ran. I would have ran so fast and far away from life. Looking back on the past 10 years I cannot even believe all the events that I have made it through and surprisingly I'm still alive. I feel like I should write a book on how to get through life when the rain keeps pouring down and will not stop. When you keep repeatedly getting kicked down. The difference between me 10 years ago and me now is that I KNOW that whatever life throws at me I can and will handle. I won't just handle it, I'll man handle it and kick it back to where it came from, trembling from even stepping foot in front of me.

I got pink slipped today. I knew it was going to happen before I even interviewed for this job. I'm not worried about it because dammit I can handle anything. This is not going to make me sad, mad, upset, depressed, etc.... At this point in my life I say "what else can you send my way," "bring it on!" I will conquer any task, feat, problem, event, etc.... I know that this isn't personal and I will cross the bridge and figure out what to do when I'm at that point. There is absolutely no sense in worrying or crying about something that I cannot change. If I keep a positive attitude and hold my head up strong, I will prevail! It's just one more mountain that I will be climbing in this hike that we call life.

No comments: