Sunday, December 16, 2012

I'm Still Alive :)


Wow, it's been a LONG time since I've written!  I suppose this should be one of my new resolutions this year since I've totally fallen off the wagon of writing.  I can't believe that it's already almost Christmas!  This year has gone well, though it's been tough.

I'm a little low right now because we've been trying to get pregnant for 6 months and so far nothing!  It's much harder when you have a million things going on and are dead tired at the end of the day!  I'm starting to think maybe I'm nuts for wanting this.  Baby M is 4 and by the time we'd have #3, he'd be 5.  He's starting kindergarten next September and we'll have no daycare expenses! 

I'm finding gray hairs left and right so that has got to mean that I'm getting pretty old.  I never thought that I'd have to worry about grays this early :(  My energy seems to get going down hill and even though I've been working on for a couple months I don't think that I've lost that 10 pounds that I've been meaning to shed.  

I did have some big accomplishments this year but I just feel like I'm running out of time and there are some things that I really want to get done.  Here are some of the BIG accomplishments of 2012:

1) We didn't end up running a full marathon this year due to my job getting insane right around the time when heavy training needed to happen but R and I did complete the 1/2 marathon and I shed 11 minutes off my time :)

2) I landed an internal grant at my job with a group of full time faculty.  So in my first year I secured a $20,000 grant to help our teacher preparation students with test prep sessions.  I am coordinating everything so it's a big undertaking but I know we're making a positive impact.

3) I taught my first college class.....English Review.  It was a class for students who didn't test into Comp 1 and needed extra help with writing.  Their final paper was a three page paper that a review panel looked at and scored.  If they passed the review then they passed the class.  I started with 15 students and ended with 8.  Of the 8 papers I submitted to the scoring team I had seven pass, so that was great results for my first time teaching!  

4) I have a second grader and a preschooler, how time flies!  They are both doing wonderful and are very advanced for their age/grade.  I think that comes from having a former teacher as a mom and a dad that has a love for learning anything and everything!

5) R got elected to village council.  He ran this past November and was elected.  It was very exciting to see him give in to his political science background.  He has the heart to make our village a better place to live :)

My job is pretty crazy right now but that's for another post.  I will be attempting to post more often :)

 
 

No comments: