Monday, August 22, 2011

Everything is Going to Be Alright

I haven't posted in forever....well like 6 months. It's not that I haven't thought about it but it just seems like it's been hard to say exactly what I was thinking. I know that seems weird but it's the best way that I can explain it. I have several drafts of blog entries that I haven't posted but none of them seemed to be right to publish. Now seems as good of time as any to explain my past 6 months.

  1. Quit the charter school in February and it was the best feeling in the world.
  2. Took a job at a public school and had the most amazing experience of my life being in charge of the math intervention program and pretty much doing what I needed to help the struggling kids without being micromanaged.
  3. Got my pink slip and the end of April and hoped for the best keeping a very positive attitude because if anyone knows, it's me, that crying, feeling sorry for myself, worrying, etc... doesn't help the situation. It was far enough out and so much could happen that I have to say I wasn't really worried about it.
  4. Had a great rest of the school year and was so happy that I was a part of such a wonderful staff. Said goodbye to everyone in hopes that a miracle would bring me back on staff in the fall.
  5. Started collecting unemployment....it's $315 per week and will last for 26 weeks.
  6. Had and am continuing to have the most wonderful summer of my life. I am truly blessed to have had so many fun times and memories with my kids this summer, life just seems perfect.
  7. Mid July they called back 160 teachers (242 were laid off).
  8. The beginning of August the situation really started to set in because I realized that if I don't get called back, which it absolutely doesn't look like I'm going to, things will be really hard come the beginning of Sept.
  9. Went to the substitute teaching meeting at my local school district so that I could sub this upcoming year if need be.
  10. August 18th they called back only 20 more teachers.......did I mention that I'm DEAD LAST on the seniority list!
  11. Started finding a lot of jobs posted for the different school districts and have applied for them all along with applying for jobs that are in higher education.....the phone hasn't rung once.
  12. The charter school people went back to work today and I'm still so glad that it's not me!!!!!
So now I'm at the point wondering what to do if something doesn't "work" out. It seems like though we've gone through hell the past 3 years.....yeah it's been 3 years!!!!!.......that things do always seem to work out. The problem is that we're so far in the hole from all the rough time that we've had that we have yet to get ahead! I'm keeping faith though that things will work out and that something will happen because I'm working so hard and have kept my chin up for so darn long when I could have just given up. I've been hearing of people left and right that are just ending their lives because times are tough but I know better. I know that even though things seem impossible that nothing is impossible in life. It may seem bad but if you stay positive and work hard things will be okay.

I'm keeping faith!

No comments: